Thursday, May 17, 2012

(Brilliant) Blogger Resources

I'm not sure why I blog -- it certainly isn't because I have tens, hundreds, or even thousands of loyal followers eagerly awaiting to read what I write -- so I'm not sure why I felt compelled to consolidate two of my blogs and, essentially, add two more.  I think it was mostly because I found it annoying (and pretentious) to have multiple, disjoint blogs and instead of creating yet another to chronicle whatever I fancied at that particular moment -- why not create just one blog with separate "pages" for each topic I want to write about?  Essentially, a blog that looks and feels like a website with multiple pages.  Once I decided to consolidate, I thought I would be migrating to WordPress but once I started using the service it became clear that it wasn't all that much superior to Blogger and, most annoyingly, if I wanted to change the font of the text in the blog posts to Arial (or Helvetica) I needed to upgrade to premium service for $30 per year(!).  I was willing to make some concessions and suffer through the learning curve again but having to write using Times New Roman was just too much.  So I reconsidered Blogger (Blogspot) and after some trawling around it became evident that it is possible to create a website-like blog using Blogger.  It took me more or less all of one day (at the expense of my dissertation) to consolidate and construct but I'm pleased with the result.  There is no way, however, I would have been able to pull this off without these two websites:

(1) http://blogger-hints-and-tips.blogspot.com/
(2) http://www.bloggersentral.com/

and these two links, in particular (here and here).  Who knows why these two gents devote so much time to writing about and providing advice re: building blogs in Blogger but the information they shared was invaluable.  Mad props to both resources! 

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome buddy! I love the consolidation of your not 1, not 2, but 3 maybe 4... even 5 topics to write about!

    Cheers, and all the best bra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking it out, bro! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete