Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dissertation Defended!

April 18th, 2014:  the day when seven years of doctoral coursework and research culminated to a defense of my dissertation.

The last stand began at 11AM and after two hours of presentation, questions, and discussion, I was dismissed at 1PM so the committee could decide my future.  After 5-10 minutes of deliberation, my DRC chair welcomed me back into the room by addressing me as "Dr."  I passed!  I made it and I was well on my way to possession of a union card.  The committee was pleased with my presentation, my dissertation, and accepted it without revisions.  Woohoo!  I'm still in a bit of shock --- I've been working toward this for several years and I'm finally done.  It still seems surreal.  It'll probably take a while for everything to completely sink in but in the meantime, a whiskey neat to celebrate!
❤ Epidemiology



No comments:

Post a Comment